Dear Owner of The Goodwives Shopping Center,
You
are a smart individual, so you'd know what I'm talking about when I say that one's
image is crucial in capitalism. If you don't look good, you don't make money. I
hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you do not look good. Your shopping
center is offensively named, and it takes away from your ability to profit. I'm
only trying to help you when I say that the Goodwives Shopping Center has to
undergo a name change in order to bring in the real money.
When you allow the
Goodwives Shopping Center to have a name as sexually insensitive as this one,
you are opening yourself up to lose profits. Your image is tarnished by this
name, and nothing good can come out of keeping it. I've most often heard the
argument that the name should not be changed because it's named after the river
that runs behind it, but the name of the Goodwives river was given to it by the
Native Americans praising the kindness of the housewives of the pilgrims. A
quick Google search allowed me to find that out, and I'm surprised that even
the landmark's name has yet to be changed. The name is too offensive to too
many people, and therefore it must be changed. I suggest giving its old name,
the Darien Shopping Center, back to it. It could be another name, as long as it
changes. If image is everything, and you can't make money without a good image,
then yours needs to be changed.
Sincerely,
Brian James
No comments:
Post a Comment